Relational Child Protection Conferences
Relational Child Protection Conferences will be the new approach to Safeguarding in Rochdale and this new approach to child protection is being rolled out across the service from Autumn 2021. This briefing session is designed to support you to understand the changes that are being made and what will be expected from you when you attend a child protection conference in Rochdale.
- Have a clear understanding of CP process and CP conferences.
- Understand the new format of Relational CP Conferences and the purpose of the changes being made.
- Understand the role of the child, parents, social worker and multi-agency team in Relational CP Conferences and requirements of the conference.
- Recognise the importance of the child’s voice/ experience in the child protection conference.
- Understand how to develop plans that have an impact on the child’s daily lived experience.
- Understand how to complete the new Pre Meeting Report for conference.